Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Enough already!

Good news first: Happy Birthday Aunt Natalie & thank you for taking such beautiful first birthday pictures of sweet Caroline! Shelbyjunephotography.com!


This sweet little sugar filled baby has been super sick this weekend! Here is a little re-cap of what we have been up to around here. Thursday I picked Caroline up from the babysitter and she had a low grade fever. Fri she still had a fever and a tiny cough, but nothing too bad. Friday night she continued with a fever that continued to get higher. Her cough also got worse, and she was throwing up due to coughing so hard. Saturday I took her to the urgent care. They said she had bronchitis and a ear infection. They put her on a few medicines and breathing treatments. The whole day she continued to have a fever, and the night was NO FUN! Sunday same as Saturday.. Fever, coughing so hard she would puke, not eating and barely drinking gatorade. Sunday night we thought she might have improved a tiny bit, we were wrong. Late Sunday night her fever spiked again. Monday I took her to her pediatrician concerned that the antibiotics didn't seem to be kicking in, and her fever was still high after three days. He gave her a HUGE antibiotic shot in her bottom. She screamed like I have never heard her scream. She was really lethargic, so he wanted to check her again that afternoon. I brought her back that afternoon, and she seemed a tiny better. Then the night she seemed to be slightly improving, but still with fever. He wanted to see her again this morning to make sure her lungs were clear and that the shot was working. Chris stayed home with her today. She is SO much better than yesterday, thank God for that shot. He took her today, and said she FREAKED out when she saw the dr. The dr said she is on the right track. She has lost a few pounds, so she is pretty tiny looking :(. Tonight she has seemed so much better. Then I was laying with the big kids getting them to sleep while Chris was rocking her to sleep with her bottle and breathing treatment... I hear him call me for help. She started coughing really hard and THROWING UP EVERYWHERE.. HE was covered, I took her to the sink and she continued to throw up some yucky stuff.... He went to lay with the big kids, and I went to give her the third bath of the day. In the bath she decided it would be fun to poop in the tub! I called Chris in to watch her while I Cloroxed the tub and got her ready for another bath, her 4th. Chris told her she better not pee on the rug because we already had a big enough laundry pile due to the puking and poop!Enough already! Hopefully tomorrow will be a healthy day! Chris had the house so clean, dinner made and all the laundry done when I got home with the big kids from gymnastics... due to the chaos tonight,our house now looks like a HOT MESS.
** I forgot one part. Chris got a call from Claire's school that she was running a low fever, I was already on my way to get the kids since it was after my school got out... Tonight she has seemed fine. We are keeping our fingers crossed!!!

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Poor little Caroline! I hope she feels better soon and that you and Chris are able to get some rest as well! I'll be praying for The Barrows!