Today was Claire's surgery day. She had her second set of tubes put in her ears and her adenoids removed. She was supposed to have it a few weeks ago, but I panicked a little bit and had Chris cancel. I am thinking it is the fact that I am 8 months pregnant, but I was a basket case over this surgery. Corbin has had tubes twice and adenoids once, and Claire tubes once, and I was still nuts. I slept with Claire last night, she slept awful and so did I. I think the anticipation of the surgery was the worst. All in all it was successful. Recovery at after the surgery was not much fun. She had to keep her IV in for an hour, she just wanted to pull it out. She just kept wanting to switch arms between Chris and I. All day she has just been going back and forth between us. I gave her a HUGE bag of starburst and that always makes things better. She also got donut holes on the way home... Hopefully this surgery will leave us with an ear infection free holiday season!!
Corbin LOVED the snow today! He thought it was the greatest thing ever!! While Claire was sleeping off her anesthesia he was playing in the snow! He kept saying he wanted to build a snowman and a transformer with a gun... I took some video of him and Chris playing outside, pretty precious.
Corbin just ran all around the yard until his hands were frozen. Then he came in and took a bath to defrost.
When Claire woke up from her nap the yard was really covered. She wanted to go outside, but I made her stay in. She just watched the snow from the window. I took her out a little earlier all bundled up in a blanket, but I thought it might not be a good idea on surgery day!
Glad we all were home together on this winter wonderland sort of day!

No comments:
Post a Comment